I'm sure there's a better place to ask this question but I do not know where it is when someone replies to one of my questions how do I reply to their answer? I am new to this forum and do not know the proper protocols so please forgive me.

| |
  • Usually in comments. You need some small reputation to up/down vote or make comments. – Wayfaring Stranger Aug 23 '15 at 15:18

You are always able to leave comments on your own posts (questions or answers) and on answers to your questions. Once you reach 50 rep, you'll be able to leave comments anywhere.

However, looking at the site activity just now, I see two questions:

Given that the identicons (the purple and white picture next to the user name underneath the questions) match, it appears that you have two user accounts; one guest account and one registered. Please consider merging them, which will allow you to edit, comment on any of your posts and accept an answer on your questions.

If you run into any trouble with merging the accounts, leave a comment on this post and I (or one of the other moderators) will try to help you out.

| |
  • I do not know how to retrieve the URL for my other account that I need to merge with your information is very helpful but I could not figure out how to do it – user41750 Aug 23 '15 at 16:05
  • The URL of the other account is http://diy.stackexchange.com/users/41748/don-eanes. Either copy from this comment or click through the link and copy it from the address bar in your browser. – Niall C. Aug 23 '15 at 16:20
  • They have that one on the help page I need the one for 41570 I believe – user41750 Aug 23 '15 at 16:23
  • That would be http://diy.stackexchange.com/users/41750/user41750. Note that the "Don Eanes" account is the unregistered one, so it's probably the (registered) "user41750" account that you should keep. – Niall C. Aug 23 '15 at 16:29

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .