The amount of traffic on our site is not growing. In fact, it has been falling a little every week. I have been thinking of ways to grow the community, and one option is to expand the scope of the site to related topics. Since most of us are homeowners, a wider range of questions about real estate is one way to grow.
The overlap in community is substantial: many of those who buy homes will then improve and maintain them themselves, and many DIYers will sell their home and buy another in the next few years.
To concretize a little, here are some real-estate–related topics:
- How various improvements affect resale value. (We have already had a question about this.)
- Problems to look for when inspecting a house prior to purchase.
- The economics of buying vs. renting.
- Choosing a real estate agent, inspector, lender, and lawyer when buying or selling.
- Resources to help choose a good neighborhood when moving.
What do you think—is it a good idea to turn this into a more general home site?