Just came across a suggested edit for this answer, which would fit better as a comment. Is there a way to convert the edit to a comment, while leaving the original answer alone?

1 Answer 1


No there isn't.

Reject the edit with the "should be a comment reason".

If it was a registered user they'd see the rejection and hopefully act on it.

As it's an anonymous edit all you can do is post it as a comment yourself (if you think it's valid).

  • Wait. Anonymous users can edit, but new registered users cannot post pictures? What a wacky system.
    – Tester101
    Mar 6, 2012 at 20:37
  • @Tester101 - well I don't think anonymous users can post pictures either. And it's only suggesting edits :)
    – ChrisF Mod
    Mar 6, 2012 at 21:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .