Ask and ye shall receive. In my most perfect 7 years of Alabama education (my worst 3 years being the 5th grade) I have articulated some verbage over the last 3 hours. I'm still getting over sinus surgery and as long as I have pain pills I have full uses of what little brain I have.
On all seriousness, I think communication would help. I probably could have gotten this out of my brain a little quicker if there was something posted on the DIY Blog chat room or some email sent up as a flare.
The reason I didn't do it earlier was I didn't pay attention to Trello and this will be my 4th of the year and thought somebody else would contribute. I'll try to get 1 a month until others get posting. I just hope what I give is what the site is looking for.
Another thing is I just signed on DIY and did an ALT-F search for blog. There were 3 (not counting the captain) and none of them lead to our blog. If we made the blog available on the main page then we might get more people reading it and thinking 'I can do that too!'. Also when I clicked on the questions link only 1 blog link came up and that was to the stack exchange blog.
No links for our Google+ or Facebook on main page either. No follow us on...
We do have the links to post questions I guess onto our personal(?) Facebook or Google+ pages.
So my answer to your questions is;
- Make the blog accessible from the main page and sub pages.
- Add links to our Facebook and Google+ to main page and sub pages.
- Add good posts (Q & A's) to Facebook and Google+ more often. Maybe picking questions and or answers with 10 or more votes.
- Add something at the end post asking "If you have a DIY experience and would like to share it click here."
- It would be nice to see a blog about some DIY Easter stories if any are around ;)
As always, let me know when I can help.
Please make sure my article is reviewed before you put it out. I am terrible at proof reading my own stuff. If I'm posting wrong let me know what to do and I will do it right.
Edit April 10, 2012
Is there actually a lead person on this or is it more just a community working together?