It's the Markdown syntax for header styles. See https://diy.meta.stackexchange.com/editing-help#headers
Use a backslash '\' before the '#' to make it act like a number sign.
For example, #1 Doesn't work becomes:
1 Doesn't work
Whereas \#1 Does work becomes:
#1 Does work
The house appears to be missing part of its roof and the back wall, and is transparent as well. Please restore the opaque, multi-colored, complete house.
P.S. We've had this conversation with SE before
I'm not sure there's a way to require it. Would we close every question asking about how to paint a wall because they didn't specify where they live even if it's not relevant to the question?
Instead, I'd suggest following up with a comment asking for a person's location when it's relevant, and even casting a NARQ close vote when we don't have any feed back ...
This is fixed now.
I was able to reproduce this in Gmail/Chrome. Apparently, in Gmail, if any one of the inline styles includes an rgba value, the entire style attribute is stripped. I'm not sure how recently this began occurring. Email HTML is always a mystery :/
Ever since an upgrade a few days ago this Home Improvement site has been running super crappy in FF - all other browsers it is fine. The site locks up constantly and takes 10-15 seconds to load sometimes. I am behind a proxy server most of the time so it could be something that is loading through our firewalls quickly, but I don't have any issues with other ...
Under firefox the site runs rather badly.
A profile run when reloading the newest questions list shows that 1.7 to 2 seconds is spent in sidebar/ which calls d which calls f during which the fps drops to 0:
Stack Exchange is currently rolling out new site theme, "responsive design site themes" on all* SE Q&A sites, which basically looks like current Stack Overflow. You can see which sites have received and will soon receive on here: Rollout of responsive design site themes - Tracking post.
As of current writing, DIY.SE is "Not yet in progress". It doesn't ...
So this was a major issue for a couple months. If I used FF and Chrome I had major major issues loading the homepage for this site and also the homepage passing on my SE credentials. I was out of country a few weeks ago but at some point (about a month) this was fixed.
I can't give you the exact date but before I went out of country - mid June - it was ...