A freelance translator, born and living in Russia.
StackExchange Markdown help
"Nothing more true than not to trust your senses; And yet what are your other evidences?"
To read up:
1. True Light Verb vs. Vague Action Verb
2. aspect - In English the perfect construction does not express perfective aspect; that is expressed by the simple past form. The name perfect for the HAVE+past participle construction is a misleading historical accident. 3. PEU 90 - be with auxiliary do (CGEL: "lexical be"; Quirk et al - ? )
5. NICE auxiliaries criteria: negation, inversion, emphasis and code.
6. Quirk et al. p.839 - optative mood
8. I doubt this (all) the more - the as modifier or adverb
Member for 6 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 28 '16 at 8:36
- English Language Learners 36.8k 36.8k 1313 gold badges105105 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.7k 2.7k 66 gold badges2929 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Literature 2.2k 2.2k 44 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Politics 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge99 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 189 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 60 "A boiled egg in the morning is really hard to beat" - explain the pun please
- 56 A chart of daily cases of COVID-19 in a Russian region looks suspiciously level to me - is this so from the statistics viewpoint?
- 43 "I hate red color" or "I hate red": why exactly is the first option ungrammatical
- 42 What are "industrial chops"?
- 37 Does the notion of check word exist in English?
- 34 Why is there no article after "no" in "I have no car"
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 28 '16