I'm a UX specialist investigating analysis and design of multi-user interaction. I specialize in design of CLIs and GUIs for use by programmers, QEs, and release engineers.
My doctoral work centered around using discourse analysis techniques to understand design requirements for groupware. I am currently employed helping to design a complex versioning/building/testing system.
In my spare time, I write science fiction; my first novel Duplicate is available as an eBook, paperback, or hardcover. My second novel, We Were Gods is also available as an eBook or paperback. Yes, there's a fair amount of programming and user experience in each of them. ;)
My statements on these websites are not official statements from any employer of mine.
Member for 9 years, 1 month
6 profile views
Last seen Sep 8 '14 at 15:19
- User Experience 5.8k 5.8k 1919 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 5k 5k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 11 gold badge2626 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 3.2k 3.2k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Gardening & Landscaping 1.1k 1.1k 99 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 54 Suppressing diffs for deleted files in git
- 47 What are the disadvantages of test-first programming?
- 46 Why does Java not permit the use of headers as in C++
- 40 Is it "normal" for people to not work?
- 39 Why shouldn't we use words such as 'here' and 'this' in textlinks?
- 34 How do I secure my house against intruders?
- 34 How should an employer respond to on-site theft?
- View more network posts →