Web software developer with a UX specialty. Motorcyclist, photographer, daddy. Fourth-generation carpenter and former home builder. Perpetual home-improver. Once and again private pilot.
I do a lot of Q&A editing on Stack Exchange. Partly I want to make the information here as useful, clear, and easy to read as possible. Partly I'm satiating my mildly obsessive-compulsive personality. I hope that's ok.
P.S. My handle isn't @isherwood. Just isherwood, thank you very much (after the protagonist in my favorite novel). @ is an operator that directs my attention to your mention of me. Don't use it unless that's your intent.
The more you know! =====★
P.P.S. Isherwood thinks that profile blurbs written in the third person are creepy. He wonders who you commissioned to write it for you (and, apparently, place it in your profile on your behalf).
- Home Improvement 71.1k 71.1k 55 gold badges8383 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 42.4k 42.4k 1414 gold badges9494 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Super User 645 645 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Joomla 362 362 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Woodworking 246 246 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 140 cast_sender.js error: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED in Chrome
- 122 Convert a youtube video url to embed code
- 93 How can I make the contents of a fixed element scrollable only when it exceeds the height of the viewport?
- 84 How to create a responsive image that also scales up in Bootstrap 3
- 71 Can I replace a 30A breaker with a 40A breaker for a new water heater?
- 71 Good way to remove something from a bathroom sink overflow drain?
- 67 Is it safe to remove the bottom chords of a series of garage roof trusses?
- View more network posts →