Web software engineer, motorcyclist, photographer, daddy. Fourth-generation carpenter and former home builder. Perpetual home-improver. Once and again private pilot.
I do a lot of Q&A editing on Stack Exchange. Partly I want to make the information here as useful, clear, and easy to read as possible. Partly I'm satiating my mildly obsessive-compulsive personality. I hope that's ok.
P.S. My handle isn't @isherwood. Just isherwood, thank you very much (after the protagonist in my favorite novel). @ is an operator that directs my attention to your mention of me. Don't use it unless that's your intent.
The more you know! =====★
- Home Improvement 60.6k 60.6k 55 gold badges7272 silver badges159159 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 40.6k 40.6k 1414 gold badges8989 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Super User 633 633 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Joomla 362 362 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Woodworking 246 246 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 139 cast_sender.js error: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED in Chrome
- 106 Convert a youtube video url to embed code
- 84 How can I make the contents of a fixed element scrollable only when it exceeds the height of the viewport?
- 83 How to create a responsive image that also scales up in Bootstrap 3
- 69 Can I replace a 30A breaker with a 40A breaker for a new water heater?
- 67 Is it safe to remove the bottom chords of a series of garage roof trusses?
- 59 Metal spike with heavy metal cord found in front lawn
- View more network posts →