Web software developer, motorcyclist, photographer, daddy. Fourth-generation carpenter and former home builder. Perpetual home-improver. Once and again private pilot.
I do a lot of Q&A editing on Stack Exchange. Partly I want to make the information here as useful, clear, and easy to read as possible. Partly I'm satiating my mildly obsessive-compulsive personality. I hope that's ok.
P.S. My handle isn't @isherwood. Just isherwood, thank you very much (after the protagonist in my favorite novel). @ is an operator that directs my attention to your mention of me. Don't use it unless that's your intent.
The more you know! =====★
- Home Improvement 64.6k 64.6k 55 gold badges7676 silver badges172172 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 41.5k 41.5k 1414 gold badges9191 silver badges119119 bronze badges
- Super User 645 645 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Joomla 362 362 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Woodworking 246 246 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 140 cast_sender.js error: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED in Chrome
- 113 Convert a youtube video url to embed code
- 86 How can I make the contents of a fixed element scrollable only when it exceeds the height of the viewport?
- 83 How to create a responsive image that also scales up in Bootstrap 3
- 71 Can I replace a 30A breaker with a 40A breaker for a new water heater?
- 71 Good way to remove something from a bathroom sink overflow drain?
- 67 Is it safe to remove the bottom chords of a series of garage roof trusses?
- View more network posts →