Civil engineering undergrad who ended up a computer programmer and did nothing with the degree.
House built in 1930 w/ all of the plaster walls, poor insulation and single paned windows that entails. I've done a number of projects (yard drainage, attic insulation, rebuild a garage) and have helped others w/ their projects. Still have a ways to go on the home, though.
Member for 9 years, 3 months
8 profile views
Last seen Nov 13 '12 at 14:47
- Seasoned Advice 63.2k 63.2k 1212 gold badges111111 silver badges326326 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 6.7k 6.7k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 4.4k 4.4k 2323 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Open Data 3.9k 3.9k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge22 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 178 Translating cooking terms between US / UK / AU / CA / NZ
- 75 How do you peel garlic easily?
- 68 Cooking away alcohol
- 55 Why do we peel carrots?
- 54 Why is it faster to reheat something than it is to cook it?
- 48 Why wooden sticks for ice cream bars?
- 48 What knives are "required" for a serious home kitchen?
- View more network posts →